- Partner sponosred a Visioning Retreat in 2016 from this retreat the Butts County Tourism Board was formed.
- Proposed bike trails connecting the City of Jackson to Indian Springs.
- Partners for Smart Growth was instrumental in efforts to bring a 500 capacity event center to the Indian Springs State Park. The idea for the convention
center began in the Partners board room and Partners helped secure additional local funding for the project.
Butts County's geographic location and proximity to suburban Atlanta presents a prime opportunity to guide the future development of the County. Whether it be
the Interstate 75 zoning overlay district plan, the downtown Jackson one-way pairs project, the proposed Butts County Airport initiative, a possible Inland port, T-SPLOSTs, or any other issue that
relates to transportation infrastructure, SMART GROWTH will depend on a comphrensive, on-going plan of action that includes a regional as well as county-wide approach. Butts County has
estalished a County Transportation Board. . Transportion
Growth Issues which should be addressed by this Board include:
- Proposed study Georgia DOT has to install truck lanes through Butts County. Business owners and the county have raised concerns to the DOT about the
possibility of those truck lanes bypassing our local truck stops.
- The Butts County Department of Community Development was working to develop an Interstate I-75 Overlay District. This permissive overlay
district was intended to provide the blueprint for development of the I-75 corridor within Butts County. At the last public hearing, citizens expressed concerns regarding the location
proposed for the parallel acess road. The Board of Commissioners, at it's March 2013 meeting, tabled further action regarding this District Overlay. Links to copies of proposed/draft overlay
districts can be found below.
- Planning & preperation for vehicular traffic, both present and future, are critical issues for the growth & economic development of Butts County.
Below are links regarding the planning and adoption of Butts County's 25 Year Transportation Plan. The data utilized in the development of this plan was gathered through public
meeting. For information about the Butts County transportion needs and plans click on the weblinks below:
Butts County Transportation
Butts County Long Range Transportation Plan