Past Scholarship Recipients
|| Jay Morgan
|| David Jenkins
|| Valdosta State
|| Justin Farquhar
|| Jody Burford
|| Gordon College
|| Josh Maddox
|| Macon State College
|| Erick Sylvain
|| Mercer University
|| Samuel DiRito
|| Stephanie Chan
Georgia Southern University
Partners for Smart Growth understands our children are our future. As an organization that recognizes the importance of education in growing a community, we support our local school system. One of
the ways we demonstrate our beliefs and support is through our Partners for Smart Growth Scholarship Award.
Each year, Partners awards a scholarship to a deserving local student.
In 2014, Partners will award one, $1,000.00 scholarships to a Butts County graduating senior.
The Scholarship Committee has established the 2014 scholarship timeline. Application forms will be made available on Feb. 1st. The application form will be
distributed to High School Counselors, may be requested from any Parnters member or can be downloaded by clicking on the file below. The deadline for submitting application is March 15th. The
selected recipient will be notified by April 15th. The scholarship will be presented at the recipients graduation ceremony.
Community Projects & Imformational Programs
Community Projects & Informational Pograms sponsored by or recieving financial support from Partners during 2013 included:
- Open meetings on educational & informational topics including:
- Eugene James on the role of the housing market in our economic recovery
- Supt. Buddy Costley on Butts County Schools cost cutting budget plan for FY 13-14
- Lt. Governor Casey Cagle on Georgia's Stragetic Plan & the Role of Butts County.
- Butts County Sherriff, Gary Long on how changes made are making our local law enforcement services more efficient and effective and the role citizen involvement plays in keeping our communty
- Local Transportation Boards and the role they can plan in focusing attention on local transportation needs, long range planning and enhancing collobrative relationships with Georgia DOT
and surrounding counties with Transportation Boards.
- State Senator, Burt Jones & House Representative, Andy Welch presented a preview of the upcoming 2014 Georgia General Assembly.
- Hosted a Political Forum in October for candidates seeking election/re-election in the upcoming Butt's County's Municipal elections.
- Awarded two $1,000 Scholarships for graduating Butts County high school seniors.
- Financial support for the Smart Lunch, Smart Kids summer lunch program
- Financial support for the Butts County Historical Society's 18th Annual Native American Festival
- Financial support to the Butts County 4-H Leadership/Citizenship Camp.
- Partners was a Gold Sponsor of the 2013 Jackson Alive Festival on Oct. 5th. Partners proudly flew their 20 ft X 40 ft United States Flag at the event and displayed a Booth of
information about Butts County Partners for Smart Growth.
- Financial support for the Butts County Chamber of Commerce "Halloween on Second Street"event.
- Participation in the Annual Butts County Christmas Parade.
- Financial support for the City of Jackson Can-A-Thon.